Dreaming about a different vehicle? Perhaps you’d like a newer model with cooler features. Maybe you need an SUV for your growing family. Or maybe you need a more fuel-efficient vehicle for your work commute.
Whatever your reason for trading in your vehicle, America’s Car-Mart can help you get into the right vehicle at the right price – and on your way.
When you trade in your vehicle at Car-Mart, it’s a quick and easy process. Just bring your vehicle to your local Car-Mart and use its value to help with the down payment on select vehicles. You’ll be in and out in no time.
Check out our 4 tips on adding value to your vehicle for your trade in:
Clean your vehicle – inside and outside.
Remember, first impressions count, so make sure your vehicle is ‘lot ready’ when you take it to Car-Mart.
- Clean out the trash (toys, pencils, French Fries, paper, etc.). Don’t forget the trunk, under the seats and in the glovebox.
- Wipe down the interior. Vacuum the seats and floors. Clean the floor mats.
- Wash the exterior, including the tires and wheel wells. Wash the windows.
- Consider waxing the vehicle. Use a little elbow grease to buff out any dents or dings.
Fix the small stuff.
Inexpensive repairs and a good cleaning can go a long way to improving the curb appeal of your vehicle.
- Fix things you can fix and that are affordable to fix.
- Check the car lights – dome lights and headlights and blinkers and replace them if necessary.
- Check all fluid levels – washer fluid, coolant, brake fluid and make sure they’re topped off.
- Leave the more serious repairs to Car-Mart. Dents and scratches are to be expected on older vehicles.
Check your tires.
Tires are often overlooked. Old tires may show their age and make your vehicle look worn and unkempt. So, clean your tires for starters.
Test drive your car.
Drive your car as if you were looking to buy it. What do you notice? What sounds do you hear?
- Pay attention to anything that doesn’t seem right and share this information with your Car-Mart Sales Associate.
Also, be sure to have your paperwork in order to save time at the dealership. Here’s what you need:
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) number (usually located on the lower-left corner of your windshield)
- Vehicle title
- Maintenance records – receipts for maintenance work (e.g., oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) performed on your vehicle. Cars that have been maintained with scheduled maintenance retain more of their value.
Check out our blog – What to Bring to Car-Mart to Trade-In Your Vehicle.
For more information about trading in your vehicle, check out things Car-Mart reviews when inspecting your vehicle.
Drive your vehicle to America’s Car-Mart and trade-up for a newer vehicle. Your vehicle trade is your down payment on select vehicles this July. Start your trade-in.